Minimal Effort Trout
I love this simple dinner, it’s a good source of omega 3 and provides roughly 30g of protein per fillet. You can pair this with vegetables of your choice, I used tender stem broccoli and green beans. I only added pepper to my trout because I love hoisin sauce, which is what I used here. But of course this is down to your individual taste, dill or a honey-mustard sauce would also go really well with this fish.
Ingredients for 2 people:
– 2 fillets of trout (roughly 130g per fillet)
– 3/4 cup of brown dry rice
– Vegetables of your choice
– hoisin or other sauce of your preference
1. Spray a tray with vegetable oil and place the fillets on it. Add pepper/herbs to it and put in a preheated oven at 180 degrees.
2. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet.
3. Set a timer for 20 minutes for your fish.
4. 10 minutes before the fish is ready bring a pan of water to the boil and add the vegetables. Simmer for 5 minutes until soft.