This is perfect when you want a light dinner, maybe on a day when you had a heavier lunch. I used 75g of rice per portion but you can easily make this recipe a bit lower carb by reducing the rice and adding more bok choy or even other vegetables of your choice.
Ingredients for 2 portions:
– 2 Bok Choy
– 150g of Jasmin rice
– 1 red chilli
– 1 bunch of coriander
– Sesame oil
– soy sauce
– 2 spring onions
– 2 fillets of sea bream
- Start by setting off the rice – use the instructions on the packet (different types of rice require slightly more/less water). Start cooking the bok choy and fish when the rice is almost done.
- Take your bok choy and cut off the end on the white side so the leaves fall apart; wash and set aside.
- Roughly chop the coriander.
- Finely chop the chilli and spring onion.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of sesame oil in a large non-stick pan. Once hot add the bok choy and turn to a medium heat, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add a dash of water and one tablespoon of soy sauce to the pan and cover with a lid or foil.
- Simmer for 3 minutes and then take the bok choy out of the pan and wrap in foil to keep warm.
- Add one tablespoon of sesame oil to the pan and re-heat. Once hot add the chilli, spring onion, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and the sea bream fillets.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side and serve with rice, bok choy and coriander.